Well functioning multicultural teams make international companies more competitive.
In our seminars we support your international teams in dealing positively with cultural diversity, discovering commonalities and making better use of their own creative potential. We illustrate the causes of conflicts in multicultural teams and sharpen the participants’ understanding of culture-related differences. For teams whose members work in different countries and who rarely see each other in person the training concentrates on the issues of building trust and the particularities of virtual communication.
- Sensitization for and reflection on the influence of individual cultural baselines on behavior, perception and emotional reactions
- Perception of self and others: dealing with prejudices and stereotypes
- Differences in communication behaviour: direct and indirect communication
- Differences in business culture: hierarchy, time, and problem-solving behaviour
- Recognising, avoiding, and handling conflicts constructively
- Opportunities in intercultural collaboration: diversity of perspectives and creativity
- Special challenges of virtual teams
- What can we learn from one another?
- Mutual visions and goals - Mutual rules and norms
- Intercultural skills and team development
- Participant-oriented practical transfer